Residential and Commercial Lift Station Inspection, Pumping, Repair, and Installation In Brandon, and Hillsborough County Florida.
Lift stations are an important part of any septic system that resides on a property where the facility that creates the waste is lower then where the septic drain field is located. This is common for sloped properties or for facilities that are situated in a depression or low-lying section of the property.
If your septic drain field is higher than your septic tank you need a lift station. The lift stations primary job is to move wastewater from your septic tank uphill and into the septic drain field for proper dispersal and treatment.
Coleman Tank Solutions, Inc is a fully licensed, and insured septic services company based out of Brandon, Florida and serving Hillsborough County. We specialize in lift station installations, replacements, and repairs for both residential and commercial clients. With over 25 years of experience in the wastewater and septic industry you can count on our team to handle all of your septic system and wastewater treatment needs.
Lift Station Inspections
When your lift station malfunctions it can cause serious disruptions for your property. While these are fairly simple systems, there are a number of things that can go wrong. During an inspection our goal is two-fold. First, we're trying to pinpoint the problem that you're experiencing so we can come up with an acceptable plan for repair. Second, we're also looking for any potential issues that could cause you a problem in the future.
Routine inspections, along with regularly scheduled maintenance, and accurate recordkeeping will help reduce on-going costs, and will increase your lift stations reliability and lifespan.
Here's What We're Looking At During A Lift Station Inspection
- We want to make sure that grease and solids aren't building up in the wet well or basin. If they are it's a sign that your lift station needs to be pumped. Lift stations in commercial settings typically need to be pumped more frequently.
- We want to inspect the pump to ensure it's still working efficiently. If it's not, we usually recommend replacing the pump.
- We want to inspect the floats as these are what tell the system when it needs to start pumping or sit idle. When floats aren't moving correctly due to grease build-up it will cause problems.
- We want to inspect all of the electrical components along with their electrical connections. Your lift station is a wet and corrosive environment and it can be very hard on electrical components. Issues with the electrical system are one of the more common problems we'll see.
- We want to inspect the light and alarm systems for proper operation as these are your first line of defense should a problem occur.
Important Note: In busy commercial settings your lift station should be inspected at least twice per year. It should be pumped once or twice per year depending on it's specific use situation. Residential systems can be serviced less frequently and we can provide you with an adequate service interval after inspecting your system.
Lift Station Repairs We Can Do
If a routine inspection hasn't caught an issue early on then you might need a repair. Coleman Tank Solutions, Inc can diagnose and repair the problem for you.
Leaking Lift Stations: Leaks are a problem that needs to be taken care of quickly. If your lift station is leaking it's often leaking from a cracked pipe. We can inspect the system to determine the source and cause of the leak and come up with a repair plan.
Electrical Malfunctions: Wires can corrode, connections can degrade, switches can wear-out, or rodents can even find their way inside and cause damage to an electrical system. After a thorough inspection of the electrical system we will be able to pinpoint the exact cause and repair it.
Pump Replacement: Pumps are generally rated for severe duty use but they can fail after many years of use or due to a manufacturing defect. We can repair or replace lift station pumps. The most common type of pump issue we'll see is generally an electrical issue or a worn out motor.
Grease Build-Up On Floats: Your float switches are an important part of your system and integral to it's smooth operation. It's not uncommon for grease build-up to prevent the floats from moving freely which can prevent your float switch from engaging the pump. This can lead to backups as the system doesn't know when to pump the wastewater. If grease is the problem, we usually need to pump out the wet well and then clean any build-up so we can free the floats and then inspect the rest of the system.
There are other problems that can occur with lift stations and we'll be able to determine the exact cause of your problems after we've inspected the system. You can have the peace-of-mind knowing that the team at Coleman Tank Solutions, Inc will be able to fix it!
Regular Lift Station Maintenance
Lift stations are expensive to replace and repair so a regular maintenance routine can keep your system performing reliably for many years, trouble-free.
Lift Station Maintenance Should Include:
- Regular inspections of your lift station and it's components. Commercial systems will need to be inspected more frequently than residential systems. See the inspection section for more details.
- Regular pumping out of all solids in the wet well or basin. Just like a septic tank, solids can build-up in your lift station, reducing it's efficiency and eventually clogging up the system. In commercial settings pumping once or twice per year is recommend. In residential settings we can provide you with an appropriate pumping interval after inspecting your system.
- Avoiding flushing anything down toilets or drains that can cause potential problems down the road. These would include chemicals, wipes, garbage, female hygiene products, diapers, and other items as well. Your system was designed to handle non-hazardous wastewater and human waste.
We do offer routine maintenance services to keep your lift station in working order. If you have a septic system on a commercial property this service can save you money and headaches in the long-run.
Lift Station Installations
If you are building or developing a residential or commercial property that will be on a septic system and a lift station is required, the team at Coleman Tank Solutions, Inc can install it for you. We can build and install your entire septic system including the septic tank, the drain field, and the lift station. We can put together a septic system designed to meet your engineering specifications.
Whether you have a complex installation or something that is fairly routine we'll be able to put the entire system together for you to handle the anticipated wastewater your facility will generate.
If you would like to schedule an estimate for any of our lift station related services please call (813) 687-4990 or fill out our online contact form and we'll get right back to you.